Monday, March 06, 2006

Flights of Forgiveness on a Holding Pattern...

We all look ahead so much. But what is in front of us right now ?
Ours lives are forever on hold for the " better days " because there are stressors that tear at our hearts.
The job, the family issues, health , friends, enemies (?),and the places where we live. Somehow in all of this we must still
live in a way that will celebrate our lives under God's Grace. No, wait, I must live in a way to celebrate my life under God's Grace. I recognise and I declare that the beauty of seeing the vibrant sunset of my life in the last 6 years has inspired me
to survive and prosper. Without that insight, I cannot carry on. I wasn't always willing to admit this. I pretended it was me,
or some great epiphany of my own. Not so, never was. God has purpose for all things and events...not so much from the events, but from our God who uses events in my life. The latest truth I have found is that even a sunset is a fragile thing, just like you and I. So...it needs observance , time , and space to grow in colour and beauty. To look at it once and say you know it, or have it figured out is wrong. With patience you watch the colours change and you begin to understand you are being permitted into a secret world . In the midst of this world, you can become part of the God event itself. In fact you always were. The warmth that the sunset wraps around me tells me that time is not an enemy, but a friend. I am loved. You are loved. We can all be loved. I have to stop creating a bigger and bigger box for God and just admit that he is not contained in my meaning, but only through his word that shows him to be as endless as his love. Not to worry, yes we will be more at peace in our hearts as time moves on . But hopefully we become more at peace, not because of apathy, but because we live and know more and more about how God loves and forgives others when we have said we can't...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home