Sunday, February 12, 2006

Driving Miss ( Mr.) Daisy...

I was driving back to Mission from the mall in abbotsford today . It was around 6pm so it was already dark. Highway 11 is of course 4 lane now and a concrete median separates the north/south traffic. Imagine my surprise when I saw a set of headlights coming towards me ! Apparently an older gentleman had turned off of a side road and he was moving slowly in the wrong direction. I pulled over rightaway to see if I could help him get turned around . Fortunately everyone else had slowed down and some other people had already directed him around and back onto a side road. I was pleased that no one in this case was blindly racing down the road or too pissed off to notice that there was a very old man who was confused and in immediate danger. I was glad that we weren't too caught up in our own life dramas and problems to stop and protect someone's father/grandfather . It reminded me of something I read in one of Scott William's blogs not so long ago... " our troubles seem so large until we realize that so many others suffer in ways we cannot imagine. we are spoiled and coddled and selfish. we whine about what we do not have, instead of what we do. we wonder why our spiritual lives never seem 'victorious' yet we are unwilling and wholely unprepared to let ourselves live. reminds me of the quote once again from the 'Shawshank Redemption'. time to 'get on with living or get on with dying.'..."
I'm back on the New Heights blog. Thank you Susan. The way it happened dosn't matter. What's really important ?
I mean , I could be 35 years older driving down highway 11 the wrong way. But then, in so many ways God is helping me
get back on the road everyday so that I can " drive" and " move" in the right direction...

1 Comments:

Blogger KEG said...

Love you brother.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home