Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Shape of Hope...

Hope is almost never predictable. I guess if it was, we would be continously waiting for an event we are certain is coming, therefore no need for hope. Yesterday as I was driving in the evening I saw something that gave me hope. It was a random
event. I didn't even get out of my car. As I drove on, I realized that the unpredictability of life is God's certainty. ( No, not predestination: it's wrong to play God and it dosn't work anyway.) I'm talking about those events that you only understand in retrospect. What did I see ? I saw two people talking. I stopped my vehicle momentarily ( at a stop sign, no one behind me ).
I saw a two people talking to each other who looked as if the world could fall down around them and it wouldn't have mattered. Their gestures and eye contact were positive, focussed, respectful, and encouraging. I didn't stay long enough, but one would assume they would have parted company with a sense being heard and known . They were real , they connected...

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

it amazing the little things that can give us all hope. Thnx for sharing your story.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home