Friday, June 24, 2005

The Shifting Sands of Family Life

At given moments my teenage children will push me because they ( much like myself at the same age ) have picked up a sizable chunk of the worlds information or experience about something which they assume is new to everyone. It is an endless dance that is taking place in families all over the world. People on the cusp of adulthood trying to put together pieces of real life so that they can find out who they are. I believe God smiles when he sees the dance over and over again. In my quieter moments I can see that it has to happen. What a strange privilege to have your own DNA challenge you about something you already know . Yes, we piss each other off with some regularity...and I can only blame the Irish bloodlines for so much. Ultimately, I can see that I am blessed to have my offspring teach me something about life. They are showing me a new way to experience the same adolescent moments in life that I was sure that I had already figured out...

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

he forgot his password... hehe

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

oh I guess mark will have to give scott his password so that he can remember it for him...hehehe.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Susan Kirchmayer said...

oh here he is!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I think I get where my writing skills come from. The future looks bright for me. haha.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home