Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Human Grace; a line on the paper

I have come to realize ( or been shown by others ) that my sense of grace for others is only as wide as the lines on this paper ( one of them )
Years ago as I drove down the road with my father as a " confident" 17 year old, I told him I was amazed and disgusted with a decision a mutual friend of ours had made.
My father looked at me, pulled the car over and said, " I have known that man for a long time and for what he has gone through in his life, he is in better shape with God than you are " Wow, perspective. Suddenly, this guy's lifestyle, language, actions could no longer be judged by me. I have been shown numerous other times that what appears as a " Gray " view of God's acceptance of people reacting the way they do is really his absolute certainty of his love for them. It helps me to see the illustration of a narrow and wide path in life in another context; God's love for me ( us ) is wider than any road I could imagine. I need to learn to live with a sense of God's grace for others that is wider at the very least than the lines in this blog...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

humbling

4:42 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home