Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Passions Recovered...

I went through a challenging time this year. Those challenges that make you question who you are and whether you have value have a way of making you recoil and hide emotionally. In the short term that needs to happen, but in the long run that is a mistake . The anger, questioning, and the sense of being misunderstood has to be forged again through the filters of time, hope, and faith in who we truly are . We can alter behaviour, but to change who we are at our best is another mistake. ....In 1812 in the congress of the United States, President Madison and a group called the " War Hawks "
said taking over the Canadian territories would be " a mere matter of marching "... 2 years later after a series of battles where Canadian miltias ( French and English ) and British troops where outnumbered an average of three to one; the United States was territorially smaller when the fighting stopped. A guerilla leader from Ireland, who's unit called the " Bloody Boys" fought for the Canadian cause, said simply about the American agressors; " they don't know who we are " . Whoever you are out there, whatever is happening to you ...that is the point, those who would drain the passion from your soul...don't know you... God knows us, still loves us and smiles at the passion we have when we are at our best, being there for others, in full view of our naysayers... Some pain in all of our lives ( greater in some of you than I have yet known ) sits like a load on your back, but don't let passions that have brought you to this point be extinguished.
For me, I will not...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

It's hard to hold through to the end. Especially when those around you seem to not be able to maintain that passion. This year has been hard for me too, I've questioned myself and God a lot. All our work seemed to be for nothing. My heart was broken. I am placing my trust in Him, that He knows what He is doing. I am hoping that our original dream, to plant a strong community of believers here in Mission is still in process. I know that is only part of the whole picture for you, but I do pray that you will hold on to that dream. To the passion that we all had when we started this thing. As we grow older and we walk this journey together, to see you and Jean still here is very encouraging for me.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home