Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Friendship...

Scott Williams is my friend. I love him. His children are my children. My children are his. He, like me, is flawed.
I will continue to choose his friendship. It has alot to do with his heart and it's relentless nature.
I am proud to have him as a friend. He was there for me when my children were in crisis.
He was there for me when my mind took a long walk. I was there for him when his mind took it's own holiday.
THAT is what friends do. Have I screwed up in my life ? hmmmmmmm....yes, I have. Has Scott ? Have you ?
Should I require of you that by MY measure you should shame and humiliate yourself , so that you can breath the same air and I can be associated with you? If you wont do this perhaps I should take your friends away from you and isolate you until my bitterness is assuaged with the satisfaction of your loneliness. No. Playing God is a big gig. Are those who play God ready to tackle all of the other shit that the world doles out ? I think not. The very portion of me that would say I cannot keep my friends company, will condemn me to a life that has no room for forgiveness...only conditions for everything.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

Mother Theresa

1 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

Mark, I love that you just say what you think!

Judgement masquerading as love is an embarassment to real christianity & friendship.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home